icarus.jpg

[The fall of Icarus]  Pieter Bruegel 1558

 

鮮少有人能在第一次說出這幅畫背後的故事

有人說是幅耕作圖, 也有人認為是發呆的牧羊人

但這幅畫我認為

對一個熱愛飛行, 嚮往愛情的人是有極其特別含意的

 

花了幾分鐘翻譯一下以前找到這幅畫中故事 :

 

Daedalus warned me not to fly too close to the sun,

Daedalus 囑咐我不能飛得太靠近太陽,

as the wax would melt, nor too close to the sea,

黏羽毛的蠟將會融化, 也不能太靠近海面,

as the feathers would become sodden.

否則羽毛將被打濕

Overcome by the sublime feeling that flying gave me,

但那股奇異的飛翔快感征服了我

I soared through the sky joyfully,

我愉悅地在天際任意翱翔,

but in the process I came too close to the sun,

卻也同時離太陽越來越近

which melted my wings.

導致我的翅膀開始融化

I kept flapping my wings ,

我仍然不停地揮動我的雙翼

but soon realized that I had no feathers left,

但很快的我便發覺到我的羽毛已所剩無幾

and that I was only flapping my bare arms.

而只是在搧動我赤裸裸的雙臂

And so,

是以

I fell into the sea in the area which bears my name,

我跌入了以我為名

the Icarian Sea near Icaria,

位在 Samos 西南端一個小島不遠  Icaria 的 Icarian Sea

an island southwest of Samos.

 

你瞧見我的大腿了嗎 ? 

 

 

 

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    AndyDufresne 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()